FID International is a rip off operation as you can see from these postings.
Please add your comments and your personal experiance with FID International

Monday, December 28, 2009

Beware of FID International

F.I.D. - I wish I had found this site sooner
Forget It Dont ever use FID International
Berri, SA (Australia)
Originally Posted: Friday, September 12, 2008

FID International in Sunrise and Pompano Beach Florida.
These people kept increasing the cost of my move.
They claim I am in default of my contract because I had not completed my payment.
I NEVER received a final invoice or any invoice for that matter prior to this past due/default notice, which still didn't include my balance.
I had to ask them for it two or three times.
I have never even received a revised quote.
They have added a lot of charges that were supposed to be included in the quote.
Nancy Roberts of FID International kept sending me terse and intimidating emails threatening to put an additional $500 hold fee on my shipment and to hold my shipment up if I didn't send them all the money they wanted within 24 hours.
I informed her that I intended to contact the BBB and dispute the amount.
She still insisted on the payment.
Before the move, I authorized a deposit payment of $1405.00 to FID International from my American Express card.
American Express informs me they took $1641.20 US dollars.

They botched the pickup.
It was supposed to be August 22nd.
The first mover called on the 21st wanting a credit card number and wondering if there was any furniture in the move.
FID International was supposed to pay the mover.
He forwarded me his email from FID International and indeed they did not send him the complete list.
They did not get a mover there until the 26th.
My sister had flown to Memphis from D.C. to close the estate and take care of this move for me. They cost her additional days off work and she had to reschedule everything else.

They only sent one (1) person and my 46 year old sister had to help him with the heavy lifting.
I heard nothing until September 10th when they sent the default notice.
The original quote plus my authorized add-ons was $2795.00.
The last estimation I received was for $3865.
They also insisted I pay $350 for a crate for a granite table.
This was on my original list of items, and a quote was given to include it.
It was only later after thinking about it and trying to figure out a way to jack up my bill that they came up with this.
After paying the $1641.20, I should have owed around $2600.
They insisted on $3372.85 or they would slap me with a hold fee of $500 and hold up my shipment.

I thought I had thoroughly researched them online before signing up. Since then, there are numerous complaints to be found about them and their practices. BEWARE!

Berri - SA Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment