FID International is a rip off operation as you can see from these postings.
Please add your comments and your personal experiance with FID International

Thursday, January 21, 2010

FID International not a good choice

Post subject: Re: FID International not a good choice

Eventually got a reply from FID International. They have had our stuff for over 2 months and only now is it to be consolidated and an expected UK ship arrival date has been given to us for the 17th November. So much for the average 45 to 60 days door to door.
I guess that with unloading, customs and arranging for final delivery we might be lucky to see our stuff by this Christmas.I cannot say that they have broken contract, but they don't give me a warm feeling that all is well and properly organised.

One and the same.
Just been stiffed for a further 250 GBP for the Terminal Handling Charge. So much for requesting a full door to door all fees quote. We now expect to get our shipped items around mid December, that's over 4 months from collection. I just hope it all arrives in the same number of pieces as it left.

1 comment:

  1. I am joining you to share my unhappy experience with this company.
    At the end of June, when I decided which company I was going to use to move from Chicago to France, I checked this website and was happy to see that there was nothing bad about them.
    Their quote was reasonable, we has less than a container and they agreed to pack our furniture for free. We had boxed everything else by ourselves.

    Because the company is in FL and we were in IL they didn't do a visual inspection. But when I asked for the quote I had previously measured every single box and item we were sending. And also, 2 other competing companies came in person and gave me a square footage that was similar to what FID had told me. So no error on our end here.
    The movers FID International subcontracted came and did a great job. No complain there.
    Yet, when it came to final payment, it was 2,000 dollars more than the quote. Supposedly because there was more square footage and they charged us for packing my husband's toolbox, which is metal and can't be damaged anyway…
    And now I am dealing with the company that received my goods, they are in the UK, they got it at the beginning of the month and every week they keep telling me that I'll get my stuff in "a couple of weeks".

    FID International won't return my emails...a real nightmare...Lisa is the one I dealt with too.

    I don't know if much can be done about it mainly when you are overseas but I am planning on filing a complaint with the BBB.

    ReplyDelete